Saturday, January 31, 2009

Game Choice - America's Army

I chose America's Army for the following reasons:

  1. It is one of several that was mentioned in class.
  2. I want to see how a video game could be used for what is arguably recruitment purposes.
  3. Having no military background myself, I might learn something (terminology, jargon, rank).
  4. Curious what can be done with what was likely an unlimited budget.
  5. Sounds fun enough.
  6. I have no interest in "fantasy" type games.
  7. It's free (my favorite price point).
I have almost no game playing experience. My son loves video games. Do you remember the old "Vector Man" game? The foreground and background moved at different speeds. I got nauseous after 2-3 minutes of just watching the game! I played air hockey on my daughter's Wii two weeks ago. That was challenging enough for me. My favorite game remains the old hand held football games -- how pathetic is that!

It might be interesting to see my opinion of America's Army develop throughout the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love my Mattel football game...is that what you mean? I think you have a great perspective for playing AA...there are so many directions to analyze it from, it might be hard to just play (but do try)!

    ReplyDelete