Saturday, January 24, 2009

About Hobbit

What did you think?

This games sucks. Besides the obvious complaint that it wouldn't display properly (blurry), there is nothing intuitive about it. I don't even know what commands are available: HELP, COMMANDS, and (question mark) didn't work.

What did you learn?

What was the "content"? I learned nothing. I apparently mastered 2% of the game before being eaten by a horrible troll (repeatedly). I suppose if I someone got farther in the game it would help them know compass points (north, south, east and west) and provide practice with memory and where they are.

Is / why is this useful? For who?

It is of no use to me! It might have been considered fun for someone familiar with the Hobbit, using computer technology available in the early 1980s.

No comments:

Post a Comment